Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Altoholism playing different characters

I recently started my 4th character, I went for a Jedi Knight just to check out a completely different aspect of the game. With a different class mechanic, new story area and the fact I play him as a nice friendly "I'm here to save the world" type of hero, it feels like a whole different game. I'm enjoying every minute of it and I really recommend trying more than just one character.

The difference between the Republic and Empire factions, between playing a Light or Dark side character, between the different classes, the different class stories, is just too big to skip. I know many MMO players tend to pick a main, get to the end game and stick with just this one. I think by doing this they are missing a lot of the fun SWTOR has to offer.

Few more benefits that you get while playing different characters:
1. Different characters can have different crafting skills, giving you the ability to make anything you need and not depend on other crafters and gatherers availability and prices.
2. You'll end up being a much better player in groups when you understand and aware of your other group mates abilities, strengths and weaknesses.
3. You'll become much more suited to lead groups, when you can assign CC targets, interrupt rotations, etc. without having to ask "who can cc?", or "does a Sorcerer have an interrupt?"
4. You'll get a much better view of the galaxy story, politics and dynamics. Bioware created a huge and very deep world, which is really fun to explore in depth.
5. You'll have other interesting things to do while others get to max level and more high end guilds and groups are forming, making it easier to find people to share endgame with.

The content is just too much fun to skip. If you haven't already, just try to roll a new character on the opposite faction, I'm sure you'll find many more hours of fun and very different gaming experience.

Personally, I have no doubt that I'll end up with 8 level 50 characters eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment